FAQ | Frequently Asked Questions
1) What is Capricornio Coffees?
Capricornio Coffees is “the dream of three friends coming true”. Capricornio Coffees is a major exporter of specialty coffees from the Capricornio Coffee Belt, a vast region divided by the Tropic of Capricornio - 23ºS - that is becoming more and more sought after in the market and considered to be the new ‘hot’ area from which to source due to the exceptional quality of its coffees. Several coffees have been Cup of Excellence finalists over the years.
The company commercializes to roasteries all over the world amazing microlots and specialty coffees, a line of coffees under 6 different categories – MICROLOTS, ESTATES, EXCLUSIVE, BOUTIQUE, VARIETAL SIGNATURE and COLLECTIVE, from beautiful estates and ‘terroirs’ which are members of the Four Seasons Project. The project aims at building long-term relations and transferring more money to producers by believing that partnerships have to be sustainable and always offer a win-win situation in order to last. In Brazil, with an office in Ourinhos, state of São Paulo, the company is the only one with an extensive range of different coffees.
2) Which regions are the coffee estates located in?
6 different regions, that is: Sorabana, Garça and Marilia, Alta Mogiana and Circuito das Águas Paulistas, in São Paulo state, and Norte Pioneiro and Norte Novo, in Paraná state.
3) How many bags do Sorocabana and Norte Pioneiro, Garça and Marilia, Alta Mogiana and Circuito das Águas Paulistas regions produce annually?
These 6 regions together produce 6.5 million bags and 600,000 bags of specialty coffees. Capricornio Coffees selects, evaluates and exports the best coffees from these five areas.
4) To how many countries Capricornio Coffees exports?
Capricornio Coffees exports to more than 20 countries: Australia, Argentina, Bangladesh, Belgium, Canada, Chile, China, Denmark, Dubai, England, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, Italy, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Norway, Lithuania, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, Uruguay and the USA.
5) How does Capricornio Coffees position itself?
As a Specialty Coffee Solution Provider, offering coffees:
• From Estates
• From different varietals – Red Bourbon and Yellow Bourbon, Red Catuai, Yellow Catuai, Obatã, Topázio, Arara, Red Icatu, Uva (IAC 125), Acaiá, Ouro Verde, IAPAR and Mundo Novo
• Microlots and nanolots
• Cherry naturals, Naturally tree-dried, Red Honey, Orange Honey, Yellow Honey and White Honey, Fully Washeds
• Custom-made blends – Espresso, Brazil Exclusivo (Coffee Island - Greece).
• Client Flavor Profiling
• Special projects with fermentation = Kenya-style, Ethiopia-style, Burundi-style fermentations as well as Yeast Control Fermentations
• Different packaging: jute, polypropylene and paper
• With liners, GrainPro
• 30 kilos (66 pounds) or 59 kilos (130 pounds),
• Center for Modified Atmosphere Packaging - boxes of 10 kg (22 pounds);
• Roast Profile Sharing (helping clients define the best profiles for their coffees
6) Does Capricornio Coffees sell to the domestic market?
Absolutely! There is a growing demand for specialty coffees in the domestic market and Capricornio Coffees follows this very close, having a focus on small micro and midsize roasteries which look for high-quality coffees. The company is also a big fan of baristas and their work. One of the company partners, Edgard Bressani, has a book written for baristas and coffee lovers and is directly involved with the international barista and roasters communities. Jose Antonio Rezende and Luiz Saldanha have also a vast network of friends.
7) What is Capricornio Coffees International Internship Program?
At Capricornio Coffees we simply like people, we love to learn from them and share. That is why we have just started our International Internship Program open to students who want to have a real coffee experience at origin, develop a program together, have networking opportunities, live in a different culture and much more. You can follow what participants will be experiencing by reading their blogs.
8) What is the Brazilian Coffee Academy?
With two centers for Our Academy was born due to the belief that there is a lot to be shared and a lot to be learned about coffee in our country and overseas. The demand for coffee education and classes has been increasing over the years. Many people travel today to origin to visit countries, farms and regions. Since specialty coffee consumption is also rising in Brazil, we get a lot of students from different states. Every year we also organize the Roaster Camp of Brazil, an event dedicated to roasters, coffee producers and coffee lovers.
Chemex, Aeropress, Siphon, Moka and many others.